Friday, February 26, 2010

Alice in a Field of Mushrooms

Hello! Did you enjoy the Hop yesterday? I am so excited about the new images coming out at Sweet Pea Stamps! While I wait for the rest of mine to arrive, I thought I would play with Alice again and use her a little differently. This time I cut her out of her background (I also wiped away the ink form her hand and the bottom of her dress where the table legs cross it before I stamped her so I could draw a teacup in her hand.) I drew some mushroom cap shapes on the DP I wanted to use, cut those out, then drew some stems on white paper and colored them with my Copics. The "Drink Me" is from the Alice Sentiments set.

I was inspired to make this card from the challenge over at the Oh Alice challenge blog. It was to be inspired by this makeup case:
I was inspired by the mushrooms and Alice walking in the middle of them.

The Details:
Stamps: Elaine Cox Alice Drink Me (sheet 2, Plate 35 ), Alice Sentiments (Plate 37) - Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: Fancy Pants Designs, Razzelberry Dark (Prism), White (Paper Trey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Walnut Distress Ink
Copics:
Skin: R00,E00,E11,R20
Hair: E50,Y21,Y26
Dress:B91,B93,B95
Mushroom Stems: E50,E53,E55,E57
Misc: Stardust Stickles


I hope you have a magical weekend!
:-)Traci

19 comments:

kadie said...

This is awesome, Traci!! Wow, I love the stamps so much, the piecing, the coloring, everything!! Awesome awesome card and take on the challenge!

Kelly Booth said...

Traci...I'm loving seeing your creations with these stamps...WOW!! So Cute!!!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! This is brilliant! Love your coloring!
TFS! I'm adding these stamps to my wishlist of asap!!! :)
hugs, margie

Tasha said...

Traci this card is fantastic! I love these sweetpea alice stamps they are amazing
love tasha xx

Randi said...

Brilliant use of this Sweet Pea image Traci!! Alice looks so adorable in her field of mushrooms!! Love the layout!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This card is AWESOME! I am so honored that you played along with us and ADORE this creation-WOW!

Micki said...

OMG, Love your card. Love the mushrooms and the tea cup in her hand. Great great card.... :-)

Catherine said...

This is WONDER-FUL! Love the images and the paper pieced mushrooms are TDF! So glad you could join us for the first challenge! Hope you'll continue to play along.

Anonymous said...

Oh great idea !!! I love this little Alice in the big mushrooms !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is absolutly stunning!! LOve it.
So glad you played along with our oh alice challenge.
Kristy xx

Sammi said...

ooooh...WOW!!! this is absolutely gorgeous Traci... just love the way you used the stamp and those mushrooms you made are awesome!
Sammi
xxx

RiNNE said...

So lovely! I love that sweet face of hers!

Amy said...

Your altering is always the best Traci and this is such a perfect take on the inspiration challenge! Fabulous card! :)

Jen Shults said...

OH! Your altering is just fabulous! I love how you've colored everything and your mushrooms are just fantastic! Lovely!!

Di Heuser said...

This is such a great site. I am blog surfing by clicking on Next Blog and finding all these awesome creative sites. Love the stamps Traci

Angela said...

Oh I'm jealous now!! Not only do you have the new Alice image you also have her in rubber!! I can;t wait to get mine!! I just love what you have done with her!! And those mushrooms!! Just beautiful!!
Hugs:)
Angela

scrapn_momof2 said...

Super cute! Love the Alice image and your card is gorgeous!

Kim Costello said...

This is so fantastic Traci I love this card and the fun mushrooms ooohhh they're fantastic!!! HuGs Kim :)

Sankari W. said...

Oh My WORD!!! This is simply awesome!!! I LOVE all of the colors and that Alice is SO sweet! I can't believe that you drew the teacup! GET OUT!!! That's awesome! Love this card!!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)