Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Curious Case

I made this card for The Greeting Farms Case of the Curious Card. The adorable card that we are case-ing this week was made by Marie, the creator of Anya and Ian and the other fabulous TGF stamps.


I did a little altering, giving Ruby Stella's head. Before I glued the head on I glued down the two thin pieces of the "measuring tape" that I had drawn and cut out. I also drew a pair of scissors in her hand. For the dress on the dress form I cut out the dress from the discarded "Stella" body and traced it. I couldn't use it as it was stamped because it had Stella's arms on it! Once it was traced I only had a few details to add - the heart at the neckline and the two small parts at the bottom of hte dress that are flipped up! Then I added the stand and neck of the dress form.


The Details:
Stamps: Ruby, Stella (The Greeting Farm) Sentiment (Stamping Bella)
Paper: Cosmo Cricket, Tangeringe Tango (SU), White (Paper Trey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:
Skin: R00, E00,E11,R20
Hair: C3,C5,C7,C9,100
Clothes: YR00,YR04,YR07,YR09,G20,G21,G24,BG11,BG34,BG13
Dress and Form: E50,E53,E55,YR00,YR04,YR07,YR09,R27,R39
Misc: Stardust Stickles, Button (From stash), Foam Tape, Sewing Machine

Thanks so much for visiting today!
:-)Traci

17 comments:

Randi said...

Traci you are SO creative!! I love this idea!! Incredible!! You always inspire me!!

Anonymous said...

Traci your card is amazing !!! I love Stella like that !!! Her hair are stunning.
Hugs
Mag :)

Kim Costello said...

Stunning Traci what fantastic altering I love the little details so clever!!! Beautiful colouring, HuGs Kim :)

MicheyMoo said...

This is amazing Traci!! I love it, love it, love it!!
I really need to start altering my stamps too.....I've been meaning to ever since I stumbled upon Amy's greatness several months ago, lol!!

Perfect card. xxx

♥Rach♥ said...

You and Amy, what I would not give to borrow your brains for awhile! You are just so creative, this is just adorable@ I love Stella's outfit with the boots, it looks great on her and I think the little mannequin (no idea what it's actually called) is such a perfect idea! The measuring tape embellie is too, AWESOME card!

Kelly Booth said...

Such an Awesome card Traci....Love this...just FAB!!!

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is so cute, I love it!

Katt Korpsgryndr said...

I love that hair coloring!

Unknown said...

I am just stunned...The things you do to make a beautiful creation Traci...I LOVE this it is absolutely gorgeous!! Really gorgeous! Xx

Tasha said...

Absolutely gorgeous Traci - i love the colours and the beautiful altering
love tasha xx

Tasha said...

Absolutely gorgeous Traci - i love the colours and the beautiful altering
love tasha xx

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! This is SEW cute-and yeah, I went there, LOL!! Seriously GORG coloring and that altering is fabulous! You are SO awesome at that stuff!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so cute! I love the whole sewing theme.

Gabby said...

The perfect CASE! God I love her hair!!!

Micki said...

Oh Traci, I love it. Your projects (especially the coloring) are such inspiration to me. I've got quite a way to go before my coloring is anywhere as good as yours. I totally love it.

Amy said...

OMGosh this is completely AWESOME Traci... she looks like she stepped right out of Project Runway LOL! ;)
Total perfection and huge congrats on the challenge win!

kadie said...

FAB-ulous! You are a card wizard! I adore this!