Sunday, December 20, 2009

Birthday Cards!!

Hi! Well, I did manage to finish both my DD and DH's birthday cards in time!! For hers I did a little portrait card, doing my best to make Rain Anya from the "Rain,Snow, Shine" set look like my daughter. She was thrilled and when she opened it at her party she kept saying "It's me!!". That made me feel all warm and glow-y!! I also played along with the Whimsical Wednesday Diedrich Dare from last week (I am a little behind on things in case you haven't noticed!!) which was to be inspired by this plate:
After reading the challenge last week I did not go back and look at the plate again because I have a tendency to be too literal so I just went with the impression it left in my mind. I am having to fight myself now not to be disappointed that I got the colors so wrong!! LOL!!

The Details:
Stamp: Rain, Snow, Shine - The Greeting Farm
Paper: Rich Razzelberry, Cool Caribbean, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black - SU, PTI White
Copics:
I will edit and add later - during the "cleaning" for the birthday party I misplaced the notebook I always write them down in as I work!!
Misc: Nestabilites Circle and Scallop Circle, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Razzelberry ribbon - SU, Eggplant Liquid Pearls, EK Success Birthday Bandles Border punch, Stickles, Foam tape


This is going to be the card for my DH (his birthday is tomorrow!)


The Details:
Stamps: Final Frontier - Doodlefactory (Starving Artistamps), Sentiment and balloons - Inkadinkadoo
Paper: Recollections DP, Smokey Shadow, White - PTI
Copics:
I will edit and add later - during the "cleaning" for the birthday party I misplaced the notebook I always write them down in as I work!!
Misc: Foam tape

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
:-)Traci

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

These are amazing Traci!! I think you got the colors for the DARE just right!! Perfect! Love your coloring of all the images! Happy birthday to your DH and DD! Thanks so much for playing along with the dare!! Merry christmas! :D

♥Rach♥ said...

Those are both SOOO cute Traci! I really love the robot one, it came out just adorable, I bet my little guy would LOVE a card like that for his bday, I'll have to file that away in my head! Wonderful job!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

What a fabulous pair of birthday cards Traci! I love how personalized your daughter's Anya is and those robots are too stinkin' cute! Your coloring rocks as always!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are both gorgeous !!!
I love colours and details, robots are too cute !!!
Hugs,
Mag :)

Angela said...

Both cards are too cute!! love trhe colors on Miss Anya and those robots are soooo adorable!! Sometimes I forget to write down the colors I used and then I have to try to remember or just not add them at all!!
Hugs,
Angela