Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Trim the Tree With Mistletoe...

Mistletoe Snowhill, that is!! I just had to make another card with one of Amy's new fairies - Mistletoe Snowhill (her new line of stamps - Sweet November Stamps - is now being put out by CC Designs and are available at All That Scraps!!) I used the Mojo Monday 115 sketch.

This time I did a teeny bit of altering by wiping away the mistletoe in her hand and drawing a Christmas ornament instead. I decorated her dress and the ornaments with lots of Taylors Tiny Twinkles! Oh, and I was SO proud of myself for the tree! I'm sure I'm probably not the first to do this, although I don't recall seeing it anywhere before - I used my Stampin Up Scallop Circle Punch and Large Oval Punch to make the tree! I punched 3 scalloped circles and marked a "center" on each circle between 2 scallops. For the top layer of the tree I marked 5 scallops away from the "center" on each side then lined up the oval punch with the center and the marking on one side and punched. I then repeated that for the other side. The other two layers were done the same way, only the marks were 4 scallops away on the second layer and 3 away on the bottom layer. The top layer was the most difficult because you don't have much to hold onto for your second punch but the other two layers were pretty easy!

The Details:
Stamp: Mistletoe Snowhill - Sweet November Stamps through CC Designs, sentiment - Verve
Paper: Bo Bunny, PTI New Leaf, Dark Chocolate, White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Colorbox Fresh Green, Dew Drops Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy, Memento Rich Cocoa
Copics:
Skin: R00,E00,E11,R20
Hair and Wings: E50,E53
Clothes and Wings: BG10,BG11,BG13 all w/C0 and B000 over them, YG03,YG17
Ornament: R35,R37,R39
Misc: Taylors Tiny Twinkles, Sakura Clear Stardust Gel Pen, Stardust Stickles, SU Scallop Circle Punch and Large Oval Punch, Nestabilites Circle and Scallop Circle, SU Corner Rounder


I hope you have a Magical day!!
:-)Traci

11 comments:

Angela said...

OMG Traci!!!! This is just beautiful!! I love how your tree turned out and I haven't seen anyone else do these either!! THose ordaments are just so cute and your coloring is beautiful!!
Hugs,
Angela

♥Rach♥ said...

Super fun card, love the little tree and ornaments, great job!

Kelly Booth said...

I LOVE what you do with these Fairy's Traci....So CUTE!

Shirley N said...

Beautiful--love your DP and your gorgeous layout!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Well isn't this just the CUTEST little Christmas tree scene ever ? LOVE the textures and colors here-gorgeous, Trace!

Gabby said...

OMG Traci this is GORGEOUS! I love how you just bring these fairies to life! LOVE your tree...I haven't seen it elsewhere so girlie...you are the BOMB!

Anonymous said...

oh wow Traci! the creativity this year is staggering!!! oh WHAT FUN!!!! lovin' it!
thanks so much for sharing and yes, she's rocking' around your Christmas tree!
Pam Going Postal

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous Traci!! I LOVE the colours you have used...They pop right off the screen!! This is amazing Hon..I REALLY love it!! Xx

Anonymous said...

Totally terrific job! The tree is fab as well as the ornamemnt. TFS!

Amy said...

LOVE, love, love how you altered Mistletoe up to be trimming that AMAZING tree (and I haven't seen this technique before either so you're first in my book!) :)
Your creativity and style never cease to amaze me Traci!

Randi said...

Another magical holiday card Traci!! LOVE the punch tree!! Brilliant!! I've never seen that before! The fairy looks amazing and I love how you altered her to hold the ornament!