Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Whimsical Wednesday Mermaid

Hi! How are you today? For my DH's birthday yesterday we went to the movies to see Avatar and it was WAY better than I expected. My DD always has to get up for a restroom break in the middle of movies (which means I do too, because I am not ready to send her on her own yet ) and she sat through this 3 hour movie without wanting to get up. When it was done she said "That was good, can we watch it again?" I had no idea it was 3 hours until I saw the time afterwards because it seemed to go by so fast!

My card today uses the Whimsical Wednesday Diedrich Dare sketch. This sketch was done by Jessica (The Whimsical Butterfly)'s son Jack. If you want to play along, you still have a lot of time because the deadline is next Wednesday (the 30th) because of the Holiday! (Well, of course you can play anytime, but Randi (The Dark Mermaid) is offering a prize of one ching-chou kuik stamp (chosen by her) and one of her cards to one participant, chosen at random!)

I used Dragonfly Fantasy from ching-chou kuik's Fantasy Art collection (sheet 2, plate 21) available from Sweet Pea Stamps. The stamp actually has a gorgeous background to it, but I decided to cut the Mermaid out of her background this time and I added a little extra part to her tail. I made the seaweed using a Martha Stewart leaf punch and sewed and glued some seed beads to the sentiment panel. I don't know how much it will show up in the picture but there is LOTS of sparkle. The seaweed and the sentiment panel are sprayed with Seafoam Shimmerz Spritz and Gold Glow Smooch Spritz and the tail and hair have highlights with both atyou Spica Gold pen and Sakura Clear Stardust pen.

The Details:
Stamp: Dragonfly Fantasty - ching-chou kuik's Fantasty Art collection (through Sweet Pea Stamps)
Paper: DCWV, Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace, Always Artichoke - SU, PTI White
Copics:
Skin: R00,E00,E11,R20
Hair: BV00,BV01,BV02,BV04,B01
Tail: G20,G21,G24,B01,BV01
Top:B32,B34,B39
Misc: Seafoam Shimmerz Spritz, Gold Glow Smooch Spritz, gold atyou Spica pen, Sakura clear Stardust pen, Martha Stewart leaf punch, Ek Success Border punch, Darice silver seed beads


Thanks for stopping by!!
:-)Traci

13 comments:

Angela said...

Traci, she is so pretty!!! I love all the sparkley details you added!! just beautiful!!My childrens are buying me some of these stamps after Christmas!!! Well you know who's paying for them!! I can't wait either! I am so glad you all enjoyed the movie!! I see your weekend was busy!! Traci, I wish you and your family a wonderful Merry Christmas and a safe Happy New Year!!
Hugs,
Angela

Carisa said...

Awesome card! I love it.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a gorgeous card! Glad you liked the movie. Will have to go see it.

Shirley N said...

I cannot believe your coloring--such a gorgeous card!

Amy said...

This is a real show stopper Traci, I can just imagine all the sparkle and shine in real life! And I love your take on that sketch... that image looks like she was made for it! :)

Danni said...

Stunning!! This is just gorgeous!!

Randi said...

EXQUISITE!! Love how you cut it out and added all that dimension!! It's so stunning in those greens and blues!! LOVE the MS 'seaweed'!! So creative!! I am LOVING your Sweet Pea works of art! Thanks for playing along with the Dare this week!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! I, too love how you cut her out and 'popped" her up. It's beautifuL! Thanks so much for playing the Dare again this week, my friend! If I don't "talk" to you, have a wonderful Christmas and know that I'm sending hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing !!!
I love all the details you put on this card !!!
HUGS
Have a Merry Christmas :)
Mag

Debby said...

Gorgeous! We're off to see Avatar today. Hope it's good :-)

Alexandra Lundgren said...

WOW! Seriously STUNNING!!!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Awesome card!!

kris said...

Wow Traci!! that card is stunning!! love the image and the detailing!! beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Dare! hugs, Kris