Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Joys of Sketches!

Lately I feel like I am constantly playing catch-up. There are never enough hours in the day and my list of things to do keeps growing and growing! I think because of this I am discovering the joys of card sketches! My favorite part of card making is the coloring and picking out the papers, but I really struggle with the layout. On the last couple of cards I've made (some I'll show you tomorrow!) I have turned to sketches and I am loving it! Today's card uses a sketch from back in April from Sketch Saturday (I have started keeping a 3-ring binder with sketches printed off that I like!)


The Details:
Stamps: Bear Hug (Gorjuss Girls #2), Sentiment CC Designs SugarPlums Sentiments
DP: Just retired Stamping Up
Cardstock:Close to Cocoa and Riding Hood Red (SU) Neenah White
Ribbon: SU grosgrain, and retired SU
Copics:
Skin: R00,e00,e11,r20
Hair:E43,E44,E47,E49
Bear:E71,E74,E77,R20
Clothes:R00,RV00,RV02,R02,R29,R39,C0,C1,C3

Thanks for stopping by to see me! I also just want to mention, in case you didn't know that the Greeting Farm had a new release yesterday with some really cute new stamps! I had to order one of each and I can't wait for them to get here!

:-) Traci

2 comments:

Mary Giles said...

I hear ya on the always behind and playing catch-up. This card is just soooo sweet. I love the reds and browns. I too have been turning to sketches.

Lilian said...

Gorgeous coloring Traci!