Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sidhe Makes Me Happy!

Why, hello! It feels like ages since I've been here....sorry about that. I have been working on a few things I can't show you yet, and the rest wasn't worth showing you (in fact they were downright embarrassing!)! I was getting seriously bummed about it! But yesterday I sat down to make my card for this week's All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge (which is a sketch challenge this week), and I was so pleased with it! Ginger has totally lifted my spirits! (And just in case you are wondering what in the world my title means, Sidhe is pronounced Shee and basically means Faerie!)


All of those layers in the sketch seemed a bit intimidating at first, but once I picked my papers it was easy because they all came from the same line so coordinating wasn't a problem. I paper pieced her dress and the mushrooms from some of the DP. Her wings were stamped separately on vellum and coated in Stardust Stickles. I didn't have a sentiment small enough that said what I wanted so I just hand wrote my sentiment this time. I was so thrilled that the Sugraplum stump fit Ginger perfectly, too!

The Details:
Stamps: Ginger (Sweet November), Sugarplums Stump (CC Designs) - both All That Scraps
Paper: My Minds Eye, Vellum, Chocolate Chip (SU), White (Paper Trey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Walnut Distress Ink
Copics:
Skin: R00,E00,E11,R20
Hair and Stump: E21,E25,E27,E29
Clothes: YR00,YR14
Mushroom Stem: E50,E53,E55
Misc: Stardust Stickles. Brads (SU)


Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you will join us in the ATS challenge this week! There is always a prize offered and all you have to do is use stamps sold at All That Scraps (and there are TONS of different brands they carry) to make your challenge card, then upload it using the Mr Linky at the ATS Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Good Luck!
:-)Traci

14 comments:

~*Joni said...

Traci this is gorgeous! There is NO way you ever had a problem with mojo, that is truly not possible. ;) I love the DP you used for the layers - just wonderful with all the colors and great image! Yay for Sidhe!!

♥Rach♥ said...

We all have those "embarrassing" projects, I had one this weekend too that will remain safely hidden ;0)

This came out just perfect! I totally hadn't thought to use Ginger on the stump, that's a great idea. Beautiful card!

Angela said...

Traci, I have creations like that too, or I just it takes me sometimes a few days to complete it because I'm just not sure if I like what I did. Then I end up changing it 100 times. Or I just trash it and start over.
But, this is not one of those creations!! THis is just beauitful!! And I love that DP and of course that beautiful iamge!! I still have to get that image, she is just beautiful!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Kim said...

I can't imagine you ever making anything that would be embarrassing! The card is beautiful, love how you did the wings - they look perfectly fairy-like. What is it about fairies that is so appealing and alluring, I can never get enough of them.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card! I've been missing my mojo lately too.

Janneke said...

Amazing card Traci!
Great colors and your coloering is awesome!

Janneke X

Anonymous said...

Hi Traci - I thought the same thing about the sketch... intimidating is the right word!
I had to tell myself to just start cutting up the paper!!! lol Whew, once I got past that stage it was much better! lol Love how you paper pieced her and the mushroom top...beautiful hair coloring...and very "real" looking wings...cool!
Pam Going Postal

Tasha said...

Hi Traci, its a gorgeous card, love the MME papers and the fab wings on the fairy
love tasha xx

Debbie said...

A fabulous card Traci, the fairy image is gorgeous. I love the paper piecing on her dress and her sparkly wings are soo pretty.
Hugs
Debbie x

Amy said...

This is amazing Traci, looking at it makes it hard to believe that you were having problems with your mojo! Ginger is gorgeous with her paper pieced dress and it is so cool to see how perfect she looks on that stump! :)

Randi said...

Another gorgeous card and GORGEOUS color combo! Love it Traci!! The little 'hello' sentiment tab is too cute! Have a wonderful weekend!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE all the paper-piecing you did!

Lissa said...

I just love this!!!

crafty amy said...

You have gotta love Ginger :D I know she always puts a smile on my face too. I can not believe you were really creating cards that are as bad as you are making out we are always our own worse critics.

Hugs

Amy xx