Friday, March 5, 2010

Masked Fairy In Green (Or Rust and Brown)...

Hello! Today I have made a card using the gorgeous Masked Fairy in Green from ching-chou kuiks Fantasy Art Collection (sheet 9 plate 33). I have colored her with Copics and given her a little sparkle on her wings with a Clear Spica glitter pen, on her jewelry with a Gold Spica glitter pen, and on her mask with Stardust Stickles. I did a little ink distressing around the edges of the Designer Paper and added some faux stitching. For the final touch I used Golden Brown Scribbles 3D paint to make little faux pearls around the edges of the picture. The Scribbles paint did not settle into as pretty of a pearl shape as Liquid Pearls seems to, but it's what I had in brown! One trick I have learned is to tap the underside of your cardstock after you apply paint to be faux pearls. It helps it "settle" so you don't have those Dairy Queen ice cream cone tops on the tip!

The Details:
Stamp: Masked Fairy In Green - ching-chou Kuik's Fantasy Art Collection - Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Dark Chocolate, White (Paper Trey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Copics:
Skin: R00,E00,E11,E13,R20
Hair:E02,E07,E08,E18
Dress:R02,R05,R08,E07,E44,E47,E49
Wings: Y17,YR15,YR16,YR18,E07
Mask and Background: YG21,YG23,YG25,BG10,BG11,BG32,BG13
Misc: Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Rectangle, Golden Brown Scribbles 3D Paint, Atyou Spica glitter pens in Clear and Gold, Stardust Stickles.


I hope you have a Magical Day!
:-)Traci

16 comments:

Vicki's Blog said...

Hi This is a beautiful card... Great colouring...
You have a great blog with great cards:)
Vicki

Angela said...

Oh Traci.... I think this is one of my fav's of yours!!! I jsut love the red and brown!! I love this one better than the orginal!! This is just GORGEOUS!!! Can you tell I love it??? I think these earth tones you used with her make her even more beautiful!!
Hope you are having a great weekend!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Tasha said...

Hi Traci, your card is beautiful, i love he mix of rustic colours and the image is darling
love tasha xx

scrapn_momof2 said...

Your card is simply gorgeous.

Etha said...

What gorgeous coloring!! I want that dress :) love the rust/brown combo.

Sammi said...

ooooh... This is GORGEOUS Traci! I just love the reds and browns!
Great PP too!!
xxx

Christine Riley said...

WOW! What a stunning card, your coloring is just phenomenal.
Hugs, Christine

Kelly Booth said...

Traci....these are just too pretty to be cards....they look like they should be on the wall....Love the way you color these....~~

sweetpeastamps said...

Traci, gorgeous, as usual. You are soooo talented. Like everyone else commented, I love the color combo. I had to keep starring at it, because it does not look like a card at all, almost looks like something that should be hung on the wall.

Amy said...

Your attention to detail on this is out of this world Traci! I agree with everyone when they say it should be hung on a wall! :)

Micki said...

Oh wow Traci, I never get tired of looking at your projects. I love your coloring and these earth tone colors are awesome. And the faux pearls around the edge look awesome. I'll have to try your tip :-).


hugs

Jen Shults said...

Oh my, the rich colors on this are absolutely gorgeous as is your coloring. I love the fram you have created around the image. Wonderful creation!

Melyssa said...

OMG!! Your colouring skills are jaw dropping phenominal!! I just can't stop starring at the fairy. If you were teaching a class I would fly anywhere to go!

gina g said...

Wow this is amazing i love the colours. luv gina xx

Mary Giles said...

Oh WOW Traci!!! This is just stunning!!! Your ma dcoloring skills never stop amazing me. I have got a few of these girls but I'm so afraid to use them because I wouldn't not be able to do them justice as you do. I LOOOVE how you did the scallop border with the inlaid dots.

crafty amy said...

Wow! I had to mke it big to see the scribbles paint I have never heard of it I have to look that up :D

xx