Tuesday, March 16, 2010

She's Got a Lot of Booty!

Hello! It's good to be back! It feels like I have been gone forever...I did get a lot of organizing done, although there is a lot more that needs done. Spring break is over, though, so I'll have to just do the little bits that I can for now. Maybe when summer vacation starts I can tackle some more big projects.

I have made a card today using Caribbean Treasure from ching-chou kuik's Fantasy Art Collection (sheet 10, plate 36). I saw her in my head as a dark skinned beauty ruling the seas with her band of pirate henchmen! The treasure chest was especially fun to play with. I used a combination of liquid pearls and different colored stickles for the treasure. I think next time I will add a few seed beads to the mix as well.


The Details:
Stamp: Carribean Treasure - ching-chou kuik's Fantasy Art Collection (sheet 10, plate 36) Sweeet Pea Stamps
Paper: Creative Imagination, Chocolate Chip (SU), White (Paper Trey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Walnut Distress Ink
Copics:
Skin: E25,E27,E29,R22
Hair: C5,C7,C9,110
Clothes: YG03 w/Rv00 over it, YG95,YG97,YG99,B32,B34,B39
Background: B32,W0,W1,W3,W5
Treasure Chest: E74,E77,E79, Y21,Y26,Y28
Misc: Stickles - (Golden Rod, Burgundy, Lime Green), Scallop Border Punch (SU), Ribbon (SU), Esspresso Dimensional Pearls, Martha Stewart Skull and Crossbones punch.


I hope your day is magical!
:-)Traci



16 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card! Had to laugh at your title!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG Traci this is GOREGOUS!!! Sorry I havent been on your blog for a while, I certainly have missed seeing your gorgeous work.
Kristy xx

Unknown said...

Holy CRAP!! Traci...This card is just STUNNING...Just look at you colouring...Ok...I am coming to live with you!! Xx

frankie zhao said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
frankie zhao said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! Beautiful Traci-her skin coloring is superb and I LOVE that skull! Glad to be back-missed your beautiful creations!

♥Rach♥ said...

Great colors and I love her sassy blue scarf. Beautiful job, Traci!

kadie said...

ARRRRRRR, this is gorgeous! I love way you've colored her with that gorgeous skin tone! Beautiful card!

Christine Riley said...

This is gorgeous, Traci, I love the paper you used and your coloring is stunning. Love what you did to the treasure chest too.
Hugs, Christine

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card Traci, I really love her dark skin with the green patterned paper.
Hugs
Mag :)

Mary Giles said...

OMGosh!!! That title just made me crack up! BUT your card is just stunning. I LOOOOVE the skin tone you used and the cheek color is perfect on it. Beautifully colored as always.

Tasha said...

WOW this is gorgeous Traci! Love the colours - they are so working with this image. The scull on the ribbon is such an awesome touch
love tasha xx

Randi said...

Wow, amazing coloring Traci! I love those dark shades! That background DP and skull ribbon brad are TOO COOL!!!

Amy said...

Ooooh I'm so lovin' this dark skinned mermaid with that emerald green... so mysterious looking! And that treasure chest looks amazing too, this is fabulous Traci! :)

Angela said...

Traci, I love this!! THe darker skin tone is just awesome and the colors and DP lokks great!! Love the treasure chest!!
Hugs:)
Angela

sweetpeastamps said...

I love how you chose the darker skin for this image, you did an awesome job on it. BEAUTIFUL!