Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mad About You...

Hiya! Today I get to go see Alice In Wonderland! I hope I have not built it up in my head so much that I am disappointed....In the meantime, I have been having a blast playing in the challenges that the Oh Alice blog has each weekend. This week's was a color challenge - Red, Purple and Blue - inspired by the O.P.I. fingernail polish collection "Wonderland".

I have actually been playing around with this card for several days. I was so thrilled with my Hatter when I finished him, but I feel like I need a re-do on the rest of the card! Oh, well... I made the Hatter by combining the head of Twisted Tea (a digi from The Greeting Farm) with the upper body of the Anya from the Showtime set (I did keep Twisted Tea's tie, though). I drew some new legs for him. (I did this by cutting out the upper body I was going to use, then tracing it on my cardstock as reference lines so I knew where the pants should start. Once the pants were drawn and colored I cut them out and glued them under the upper body.) I also cut off some of Twisted Tea's hair and gave him the Hatter's hat from the Wonderland set. I tried to give him the hat from Showtime but it was too small to cover Twisted Tea's teacup! I made the background with the teacup from the Wonderland set (I am lucky enough to have the rubber version, but it has been re-released in digi! It is such a great set with the CUTEST rabbit and accessories!)

The Details:
Stamps: Twisted Tea (digi), Showtime, Wonderland - all
The Greeting Farm, sentiment - Sassy Studio Designs
Paper: Real Red, Elegant Eggplant, Pacific Point (SU), White (Paper Trey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:
Skin: E000,E00,E02,R20,RV02,RV04
Hair: YR00,YR04,YR07,YR09
Clothes: BV02,BV04,BV08,C5,C7,C9,B02,B04,B06,C0,C1,C3
Teacups: BV02,BV04,B02,B04,R24,R29,E57,E59
Misc: Sakura Black Glaze Pen, Foam Tape

Thanks for stopping by!
:-)Traci

20 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

Your altering is just fab as usual and the sentiment and how cool is looks is a perfect touch!

Christine Riley said...

This is so cute, Traci, I love the tea cups on the background paper and the image is colored so beautifully!
Hugs, Christine

scrapn_momof2 said...

I love your card! Adorable. We just saw Alice also, and because I heard not so great things about it, I was prepared to be disappointed and was just the opposite. It's funny how our minds play tricks on us.

Jamie N. said...

Ooh I *love* the outfit. She's my favorite of the creepy cakes. I'm soo digging the mad hatter stylin' hat too.

Tasha said...

Traci this is way too cool! I love that you gave the image some legs - what a fantastic idea! And the design, its awesome!
Thanks for playing along with us at Oh Alice!
love tasha xx

Katt Korpsgryndr said...

Love that Hatter!

Tonje said...

Love what you've done here. It looks like so much fun altering the stamps... I might have to try that out someday soon....

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Oh my gosh Traci!!!! This is fabulous! Love what u have done here. Thanks so much for joining us at Oh Alice Challenges!
Kristy xx

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

Brilliant...I love all the image altering you did...super card...

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! What a stunning card! Love the alterations and floating teacups! Beautiful work :)

Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice!
hugs, margie

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE What your doing with these Cakesters!!! I knew I would.....

Mary Giles said...

Oh Traci you are the master of alterations! I LOOOVE this and it is just perfect with the color combo. Those tea cups in the background are the icing on the cake. LOL. Thank you for joining us as Oh, Alice this week.

Sammi said...

OH WOW!! Fabulous altering! This card is tops! LOVE it!!! Gorgeous background girl!! Thanks for joining us again at Oh, Alie this week!
Sammi
xxx

Angela said...

Twisted Tea is my favorite of the 3 images. I jusr love how you have altered her!! So cool how you have used different stamps to get this look. And of course drawing to complete this wonderful creation.
Hugs:)
Angela

Pam Varnell said...

Girl, you are freakin amazing. This card is over the top. Love how you combined so many sweeties to get this fantastic result. LOVE it girl.

Anonymous said...

What a stunning altering !!! I'm n love with this new stamp from you !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Angie said...

OMGoodness, this is fabulous! And I just spied the queen of hearts card, OMWORD!!! SO SUPER DUPER AWESOME!!!

Unknown said...

THIS is just STUNNING!! Love the way you have altered this card Traci... Absolutely awesome!! Xx

Amy said...

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow! Ummm did I say WOW? Yea, this may just be the most amazing alteration I've seen! Your imagination is limitless Traci and this card is so freakin' cool! :)

crafty amy said...

This is amazing! :D I love the way you have altered her I would buy this if I could. Please talk to Marie and see if you or she can sell it :D and the tea cup background is genious!
I saw the film the day it was release and I did like it but I thought they could have done more.
xx