Saturday, April 10, 2010

You Rock Sketch Saturday!

Hello! Do you have big plans for the weekend? I don't!! And those are my favorite kind of weekends!! I hope to get to play a lot with my stamps and new papers (I had several online stamping supply orders arrive yesterday and I am a happy puppy!!) But for today I have a card made with Pam's sketch for Sketch Saturday at Club Anya and Friends!! I am experimenting with making bigger cards and my first couple of attempts looked a little bare but I am thrilled with the extra size on this one. I don't think I could have put all of these guys together on a smaller card (this one is 5x7 when I usually work 5x5 or 4.25x5.5).


I decided to make my own little CA&F rock band using the new Drummer digi, Eric (with a microphone drawn to go in his hand) and Ebony (she has Rockstar Anya's hands and guitar). I used some new Artisan Tape from Pink Paisley instead of a flourish in the upper corner. The black layer behind the circle was made by cutting out a scalloped circle with my Nesties, then repositioning it in the die so it would cut off a portion of each scallop when I ran it through again.

The Details:
Stamps: Drummer Digi, Eric, and Ebony - The Greeting Farm, Sentiment You Rock (Verve)
Paper: Lilly Bee, Basic Black, Whisper White (SU), White (Paper Trey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Black (SU)
Copics:
Skin: R00,E00,E00,R20
Drummer:
Hair: C5,C7,C9,YG21,YG23,YG25
Clothes: B21,B23,B26,C3,C5
Drums:R24,R27,R29,R39,C0,C1,C3
Eric:
Hair: E50,E53,E55
Clothes: C5,C7,C9,B21,B23,B26
Ebony:
Hair: R24,R27,R29,R39,R89,RV02,RV04,RV06,RV09
Guitar: B21,B23,B26,B28
Misc: Pink Paislee Artisan Tape, Brads (Bazzill), Stardust Stickles, Crystal Effects, Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Corner Rounder (SU)


I hope you will join us and try your hand at the sketch at CA&F!
Have a great weekend!
:-)Traci

18 comments:

Tasha said...

This is so awesome Traci, fabulous altering and super super fab idea
love tasha xx

Angie said...

This is Awesomely Cool Traci! I love your rock band!!!

♥Rach♥ said...

Traci, you've outdone yourself!!! LOVE the paper and the little band that you put together, they all work so well!!! Brilliant, really just awesome :0)

Kelly Booth said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO Cute!!! LOVE this Creative Card Traci!!! WOW!!!

Kim said...

Fabulous! I can almost hear them rockin' the farm!

Kim Costello said...

Such a rocking card, love how you've altered them to be in the Band so clever, love your take on the sketch and the nestie cutting looks FAB! Hope you are well, sorry haven't been round for ages, and thanks for stopping by my blog and your lovely comments... BiG HuGs Kim :)

Amy said...

OMGosh! I am SO in love with this card Traci! What an awesome looking band of rockers they make... I wanna go see them in concert! LOL!
This card is just more proof that you totally rock my friend! :)

Lisa Foster said...

This is too cool! Love it!
Hugs,
Lisa

Shirley N said...

Amazing card--you ROCK girl!

Jen Shults said...

This is just beyond amazing! I LOVE that alterations you've done here. Joyce is PERFECT for a guitar player and I love how you made the new little Goth dude into the lead singer... gorgeous!

RiNNE said...

They are rockin' and so is this card! Am so in love with the alterations, Traci!

Angela said...

Oh Traci, this is so AMAZING!! I LOVE THIS!!!!!!! You ROCK Traci!!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Corina said...

Hi Traci,

Your work is amazing!!!! Thank You for your kind comment. I am new to posting my work for people to see, so your comment will be in my scrapbooking heart forever!!!

Corina Mitchell
www.ScrapbookingInk.com

Sparkplug17 said...

What a lovely card!

Unknown said...

Ok...I am offically in love with your gorgeous card Traci...This is just STUNNING!...You my sweet friend are just amazing and SO talented (and did I tell THANK YOU and I LYH cause you voted for my layout..LOL) .... But even without that you and this card are just wonderful!! Xx

Pam Varnell said...

LOVING this rock band girl. You are always so inspirational for me Traci. You have such a great eye for creativeness. Club Anya is so very blessed to have you back on the team. One of the best things they have ever done. You totally rock, just like your card. Hugs!!!

kadie said...

Absolutely L-O-V-E this!! Omgoodness!!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Hey Traci,
I can't believe I missed this post.
What a fabulous card! I really like the drummer. Tommy Lee was always my favorite rocker and future ex-husband.
The very first thing I ever saw that you made was your Ramones card for the rocker challenge last year. I've been a fan of yours ever since and love the rocker influences and your beautiful coloring.