Saturday, April 17, 2010

Jamie Frasier and Claire!



Hello! It is time for Sketch Saturday over at Club Anya and Friends! I used Pam's sketch to feature my literary love, Jamie Frasier and his wife who traveled through time to be with him, Claire. (They are from the series by Diana Gabaldon and the first book is Outlander.) I used the new digi from The Greeting Farm called Sassenach Anya for Claire (since she is based on Claire!) and I used Ian Laddie for Jamie (I did lengthen his hair a little!). Claire is a British nurse, living right after World War II at the beginning of the series, so I used the floral prints because they made me think of the Forties.

The Details:
Stamps: Sassenach Anya (digi) and Ian Laddie - both The Greeting Farm
Paper: October Afternoon (Road Map and Thrift Shop), Basic Black (SU), White (Paper Trey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:
Skin for both: R00,E00,E11,R20
Jamie - Hair: YR04,E08,E09,E18
Clothes:R24,R27,R29,R39,C5,C7,C9,110,Y21,Y26,Y28
Claire - Hair: E40,E43,E44,E47
Clothes: E50.E53,E55,BG10,BG11,BG32
Misc: Rub On Sentiment (SU), Ribbon (SU), Spellbinders Nestabilities Ovals and Scalloped Ovals


If you haven't already, go check out Club Anya and Friends for more inspiration with this sketch! I hope you will try your hand at it, too! Have a great weekend,
:-)Traci

15 comments:

MicheyMoo said...

Its totally gorgeous Traci!! I was given this book by one of my patients but am yet to pick it up. I've gone from being a book-a-week reader to maybe, just maybe, a book-a-month-or-three reader!!

Your card may just inspire me to pick it up and crack the cover. xx

Tasha said...

Traci this is adorable! I love the stamps you put together and your fabulous colour work!
love tasha xx

♥Rach♥ said...

Haven't read the books (yet!) BUT I love the card it's really, really cute!

Anonymous said...

They are so cute together !!! Wonderful card Traci !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMGOSH this is amazing-I can't wait for Marie to see-Little Laddie gets no love and it's her fave Ian...adorable card!

Amy said...

Awww, they make such a gorgeous couple! Fab card Traci, I think I may just have to hunt down that book and see what it's all about now! :)

gobeagirl said...

Traci, This is just perfection! I love the two of them together. What a great idea. Hugs, Lisa

Pam Varnell said...

This is so amazing Traci. Love this little card with sweet Jamie and Claire. Your paper is a perfect match as is Jamie's longer hair. LOVE it!!

JenRaff said...

Gorgeous card, Traci! Marie is going to LOVE this! Making Jamie's hair longer is genius! I'm at the end of book 1 and it's great! So glad Marie blogged about it.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling couple! This is so cute!

Jen Shults said...

Oh my this is insanely awesome. I love Jamie/Ian's hair and your coloring is off the charts fabulous. Just a gorgeous gorgeous card.

Christine Riley said...

This is so gorgeous! Love how you colored the images and the papers you used are gorgeous!
Hugs, Christine

Crystal said...

This is amazing! I love that it's Jamie & Claire my favourite characters from my fave books! I'm just reading an Echo in Bone now! I HAVE to get these images! Love the plaid background paper and your colouring is amazing!

Randi said...

Whoa!!! This is SO amazing Traci!!! Stunning coloring! The tartan you colored is INSANE!! I'm so blown away!! I love how you combined the girly floral iwth the plaid, too. Seriously...perfecion!! Another of my Traci favs!!

Angela said...

Oh Traci, this is just AWESOME!!! I love the mix of patterns and your coloring is amazing!!! Love this!!
Hugs:)
Angela