Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Mania Color Challenge

Hello! First, I want to say I am so sorry about the title of my post this weekend! I wasn't trying to play a joke or be funny - it never occurred to me that by making my title "Saying Goodbye with a Sketch" anyone would think I was saying good bye to blogging or card-making! My mind didn't even go there!
My card today is a birthday card for my daughter's friend, and I used the color challenge over at Club Anya and Friends Monday Mania for inspiration! The Monday Mania challenge this week is brought to us by Michey Moo and it is to use the colors Olive, Kraft, Khaki and Sand. I think I got them all in there! This one scared me a little because I usually like brighter, more saturated colors, but I am really happy with the end result! Great color combo Michey Moo!

The Details:
Stamps: Oliver and Amelia Buddies, sentiment from Oliver and Amelia Happy Day - both The Greeting Farm
Paper: DCWV (dots), Retired SU (olive print). Old Olive, River Rock, Kraft (all SU), White (Paper Trey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen Distress Ink
Copics:
Skin: R00,E00,E11,R20
Hair: E47,E49,100
Clothes: YG03 w/W1 over it, YG95,YG97,E30,E31,E33,E40,E43,E44
Dog: E40,E43
Misc: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8 and Ovals, Linen Thread and Button (SU), Ribbon (Offray), Pinking Scissors, Sewing Machine


Be sure you check back on Wednesday, because I get to start showing you Club Anya and Friends Previews that day! YAY!!

Have a wonderful day!
:-)Traci

12 comments:

Tasha said...

Traci this is anawesome layout and super funky design. Love the scene you created from aperand your colouring is fab
love tasha xx

MicheyMoo said...

I think you did an amazing job with these colours Traci!! Still pops with some colour in my opinion.
Loving all the elements you've used and little Ollie and his friend are coloured perfectly. xx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is GORGEOUS Traci!! Your colouring is AMAZING.
Kristy xx

Love crafts forever said...

How cute this image, absolutely gorgeous.

Kim said...

Oh is this ever sweet, your stitching looks wonderful!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is such a darling card!

I sent you an email on Friday...did you ever get it?

Shirley N said...

This is sooooo SWEET!!!

Kelly Booth said...

He is so cute Traci...Love this Little Scene you created...your coloring is just Perfection!! i feel VERY honored if I could inspire YOU!!
Seems like I was almost the only one that did not play today!!!

Amy said...

This is super sweet and so adorable Traci! I love how you've colored the pair and your design is perfect!

Angela said...

Love this!!! The colors looks so good together. I too think it looks great!! And such a sweet image!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Jessica Diedrich said...

Oliver is just too cute and this is a great take on Michey's challenge! Hope youre having a great week so far and thanks for being patient w/ me :D Love your work, as always, Traci!

Randi said...

Adorable!! This is gorgeous in the olive and neutrals!! Stunning!! Your layout designs are always so fab!! The polka dot paper backroung with the edged 'grass' paper is AWESOME!!