Friday, April 2, 2010

Tea Party!

Hello! As soon as I saw the Alice Sentiments I knew I wanted to play around with them to make background papers! For this card I first colored my main image Alice Mad Tea Party from Elaine Cox's Alice Series (sheet 2, plate 35). I then rubbed inks that matched the main colors in my image on a sheet of white cardstock. I randomly stamped the sentiments in Versamark ink, embossed in clear, then rubbed black ink all over. I really like the way the random colors appear, although I do wish I had spread the words out a bit more....

The Details:
Stamps: Alice Sentiments (Plate 37), Elaine Cox Alice Mad Tea Party (sheet 2, Plate 35) both from Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: Orchid Opulence (SU) Whisper White (SU), White for image (Paper Trey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Black (SU), Misc Dew Drops Versamagic colors (sorry I forgot to write them down as I was working)
Copics:
Skin:R00,E00,E11,R20
Alice Hair: E50,E53,E55
Clothes:B91,B93,B95
Hatter Hair: YR00,YR04,YR07,YR09
Clothes: V15,V06,V09
Hare:W0,W1,W3,R00,YG03,YG25,YG17
Background:YG03,YG25,YG17,E44,E47,E49,RV23,RV25
Misc: Clear embossing powder (SU), Stardust Stickles


Have a magical day!
:-)Traci

6 comments:

Randi said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the coloring on this Traci!! And WOW! What an incredible idea with the sentiment background!! I'll have to try that! It's like magic paper! What fun!! Thanks for sharing!!

Tasha said...

OH MY GOSH this is amazing! LOVE the mix of colours and the fabulous colours in the image. Awesome use of sentiments too
love tasha xx

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ok you know i just saw the new ones and I'm like, choking over here in anticipation!! LOVE this-the coloring is phenomenal and I can't wait for the new plate to arrive!!!

crafty amy said...

This is such a brilliant card I love the way you have done the backing paper with the sentiments :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Christine Riley said...

This is so awesome! I love how you embossed the sentiments. Great card!
Hugs, Christine

Angela said...

LOVE the embossed sentiments!! This is just AWESOME!! Looks just like a movie poster!!!
Hugs:)
Angela