Sunday, April 4, 2010

Corriander

Hello! I have another sneak peak to show you today! This lovely lady is Coriander. To me she seems a little shy and thoughtful, but is a loyal and fierce friend!

I wanted to have Coriander swinging as she was contemplating, so I used the Sugarplums Swing stamp (also available at All That Scraps). The rope tying the swing to the tree was a little short for Coriander, so I stamped the image, colored it, and cut it out, leaving behind the "rope". Then I spread the tree and the seat a little further apart before I glued them to my background paper and used a ruler to redraw the connecting "rope". You might have noticed the swing is not straight up and down, but I don't think it really matters. It kind of looks like it might actually be swinging that way! I also paper pieced her dress and paper pieced her wings with vellum (I am loving that look with the beautiful wings on Amy's Spice Fairies!)

The Details:
Stamps: Coriander (Sweet November), Amy R Spring Sentiments, Sugarplums Swing - all from All That Scraps
Paper: My Minds Eye, Vellum, Chocolate Chip (SU), White (Paper Trey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:
Skin: R00,E00,E11,R20
Hair: YR00,YR04,YR07,YR09,E08,E09
Dress: YG95
Misc: Stardust Stickles

Be sure to check out Coriander's debut at Maire and Amy's blogs, if you haven't already!

I will have one last Sweet November Sneak Peek tomorrow (and all of these sweeties will be available on the 7th at All That Scraps!)
:-)Traci

20 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Love have you have paper pieced her dress and wings!! You have made her look so beautiful xx

Serafiia said...

She is gorgeous!
I love the way she is sitting on a swing - lovely idea! and the atmosphere is so calm with all the clouds and earth tones. :)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW! Traci she is beautiful! Well you have made her beautiful and gorgeous card!!
Kristy xx

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So pretty! :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is GORGEOUS, Traci! I love how you paper pieced her dress and against that cloud DP it makes the whole card pop! BeautifuL!

MicheyMoo said...

Gosh Traci.....I can't even find words to say how beatiful and amazing this card is!! So I'll leave it at that....beautiful and amazing!! Love the paper piecing and her hair!! xx

♥Rach♥ said...

Beautiful colors the swing is a wonderful touch, I LOVE that swing ;0) FAB job!

Allison said...

Beautiful, I love the way you made her wings, so fairy like!

gobeagirl said...

Traci, this is just adorable. I love her in the swing. I love that. What a great card. Have a Happy Easter. Lisa G

crafty amy said...

I did not think it was possible for me to love her any more but you have taken my love to a NEEDING! This is amazing I love everything about it the wings are incredible and the paperpiecing is such a perfect touch.

Hugs

Amy xx

Alexandra Lundgren said...

oh WOW! What a wonderful sneak- this is a sweet image!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh Traci, this is absolutely stunning, I love everything about it. The paper piecing is beautiful, those wings look divine, and your colouring is out of this world brillant as always.
Suzi
xxx

Shirley N said...

So beautiful--love your design! Happy Easter!

Amy said...

So many cool techniques on this one, Traci! Love how you added her to the swing and those vellum wings look so cool! I think you are always spot on with capturing these li'l character's personalities

donna mikasa said...

Such a pretty card, Traci! Love that swing!

RiNNE said...

Wow, you could've fooled me with that swing.. looked like the real thing! And your wings are so serene.. I may just have to try this, Tracy! You always color beautifully as well! And lastly, I love the paper piercing on Coriander's dress! Happy Easter!

Angela said...

Oh WOW Traci!! This is so adorable!! I love that you created a swing to sit her on and the paper piecing you did on her dress!!
Just gorgeous!! Love her orange hair!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Sammi said...

WOW!! I think she's my favourite so far!! and LOVE the card - sitting on the swing with the clouds is the perfect background!!
Sammi

Randi said...

Exquisite!! The wings are breathtaking!! So delicate and I love the dimension!! LOVE it!

Gabby said...

Goodness woman! I am loving everything you've made since my departure. But then again I love just about everything...if not more than anything...that YOU make! This one here caught my eye though...I must have her...lol!

HUGS & KISSES!