Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Late New Year's Challenge Cards

So, The Greeting Farm issued 12 challenges on New Year's Day and I had such big plans to do them all...Well, I managed to do 2 of them. And then I didn't get pictures taken of them in time to upload and enter the contest! Oh, Well, I had a lot of fun making them, which is why I do this card making thing anyway!

The first one is for Melyssa's Tag challenge. If you come here very often you might remember me talking about trying to use some of the much loved paper that I have been scared to use? Well, these tags came with the pack of Basic Grey Lilly Kate line. All of the tags were still there, almost all of the paper is whole...I am really working on this!! I turned Dress Me Anya into an Elf princess by using Amy's method of altering to wipe away a little section and draw some pointy ears. (Amy's tutorial is HERE.)


The Details:
Stamps: Dress Me ANya, Anya Says - The Greeting Farm
Paper: Basic Grey, Pink Pirrouette, Lavender Lace - SU, PaperTreyInk White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Vanilla Craft Ink
Copics:
Skin: R00,E00,E11,R20
Hair: E02,E08,E09,E18
Clothes:BV000,BV01,BV02,BV04
Misc: Prima Flowers, Martha Stewart flower punch, Taylors Tiny Twinkles, PTI ribbon, Uniball Signo white gel pen
, Stardust Stickles, Sakura Clear Stardust pen, SU Corner Rounder

The other challenge card that I got done was Kadie's Sew Satisfying challenge - to use sewing on your card. The challenge actually said to use sewing in a " fun and/or surprising way" which really threw me, but then I decided I have never hand sewn on felt before (and now we can all see that my hand sewing skills are sadly lacking!) I punched the shapes using my Spellbinders flower dies - they did not always go all of the way through, even with a shim. Most only needed a few little snips with the scissors to finish them up, though.


The Details:
Stamp: Flutter By Anya-THe Greeting Farm
Paper: Cosmo Cricket, Summer Sun - SU, PTI White
Copics:
Skin:R00,E00,E11,R20
Hair:RV10,RV13,RV14
Wings:RV10,RV13.Y06,Y08,Y17
Clothes:YR04,YR07,YR09, (G94,G99)-both with BG72 over them
Misc: Felt, DMC Floss, Stardust Stickles, Cotton Candy Stickles, Foam Tape


Thanks for stopping by today!
:-)Traci

10 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

These are both fantastic Traci! I really love the colors on the elf princess, they are so soft and pretty and the paper and flowers you used are perfect too :)

Christine Riley said...

I am so glad I found your blog! What beautiful work you do! I love these two cards, they are so bright and cheerful. The patterned paper fits perfectly with the images. Very cute! :)
Hugs, Christine

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Oh wow both sooo cute! I love the elf one so clever!
Kristy x

Micki said...

Welcome to the Sweet Pea DT. I can't wait to get to know you better and your cards absolutely rock! Love your coloring, especially the hair (I still have trouble with that, lo)

Anonymous said...

Wow Traci !!! I love how you altered Anya, Princess Elfe is too cute !!!
You're very talented, congrats for Sweet Pea Stamps DT, I'm so happy to work with you :)
Hugs
Mag :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Such cute cards. I love your elf!

Danni said...

Both are great but I love Flutter Anya!! Wonderful!

Amy said...

These are both fantastic Traci! Your handstitched flowers are way cool and your gorgeous Anya elf could give Arwen a run for her money... I think it's totally true that everything looks better with pointy ears! ;)

Angela said...

Traci, these are just too cute!! Love you elf altering!!! At least you did get some of the challenges done even if they were a litle late!! I never made it that far!!! Congrats on being the newest DT Member for Sweet Pea Stamps!! Love all your sweet pea cards!! And as always love your beautiful coloring!!
Hugs,
Angela

Mary Giles said...

Both of these are sooo cute! LOVE the ears on the first card and WOW lovin all the textures and bling in the flowers. I'm going to have to try using my dies for flet flowers because those are fabulous!