Monday, June 29, 2009

For My Step-Father the Fisherman

Hi! How was your weekend? Mine was really good! I went to the Highland Games on Saturday. I stay in our booth too much to see any of the competitions, but I did hear some wonderful music, saw some beautiful works of art and crafts, and saw LOTS of men in kilts!

July has a lot of birthdays for my family. I know I've mentioned it before, but even though I make lots of cards I am terrible about getting them in the mail in time. I am determined to get things to everyone before their birthdays this month! So, my card today is for my step-dad, Don. He loves sports and fishing, so I had a hard time deciding whether to use Baseball Ian or Football Ian or Fisherman Ian (all The Greeting Farm) but since I used Baseball Ian (turned into a girl) for Mother's Day and it's more fishing weather than football weather I went with the Fisherman! (Also, I had this adorable paper from K&Co that I have been dying to use!)


The Details:

Stamp: Fisherman Ian (The Greeting Farm)
DP: K&Co
Cardstock: Stampin Up - Handsome Hunter, Kiwi Kiss, and Old Olive, plus Neenah White
Copics:
Skin: R00,E00,E11,R20
Hair: E21,E25,E27,E29
Clothes:E40,E43,E44, YG03,YG95,YG97,YG99, G05,G19,G29, C0,C1,C3

I hope this is the beginning of a fabulous week for you!
:-) Traci

6 comments:

crafty amy said...

I can see why you wanted to use those papers the are so cute and it had to be fisherman Ian from what you said about your father in law. All in all a brilliant card :)

Hugs

X Amy X

pinky said...

Its brilliant, love the colours you have used and the image is perfect.
Pinky

Mary Giles said...

How fun and you colored Ian up to perfection. I just imagine the feel of the hat with all that marvelous shading.

kadie said...

As always, gorgeous coloring AND great use of these papers ;)

Javablustamper said...

This is SO cute Trace!! I LOVE it!! Wish I could color like that!!! Thanks for you GREAT comments!! They mean SO much!!



Take Care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper

Maria said...

Oh gosh. . I haven't seen this Ian image for a while now! I love this image. . .it's so perfect for a dad card. I just love your coloring, Traci. . .you color so beautifully! Keep up the great work!

Maria