Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Holidays from Buttercup

Hi! I love using my favorite non-Christmas themed stamps for Holiday cards. This one is Buttercup Reedweb, designed by the Fabulous Amy and available at All That Scraps! You can get her in rubber or digi, and this is the first time ever I decided I HAD to have both (well, with all 4 of Amy's Fairies!)! I just couldn't decide if it would be better to have digi so I could re-size them and flip the images, or rubber for all of the other cool techniques you can do with ink...

I used one of the digi ones for this card. I also used my coupon at Jo-Ann's and bought a package of Sakura Glaze Pens, and as you can see I went a little crazy with the dooding!! It was a lot of fun!

The Details:
Stamps: Buttercup Reedweb - Sweet November (through All That Scraps), Sentiment - Verve
Paper: My Minds Eye (trees), Basic Grey (Pink), Real Red, Soft Sky - SU, PTI White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamagic - Pink Petunia
Copics:
Skin: R00,E00,E11,R20
Hair: R81,R83,R85
Clothes and Wings: C0,C1,R35,R37,R39,B01
Misc: Sakura Glaze Pen (red), Uniball Signo White Gel Pen, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Circle Nestabilities, SU Corner Rounder

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend!!
:-)Traci

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super Cute Card Traci, loving Amy's Fairy's. Love your colour scheme for this card, so pretty, and your colouring is wonderful as always. Love the glaze pen details, especially on her hair, really cool.

Have a great weekend
Suzi
xxx

Pam Varnell said...

OMG Traci this is so freakin cute. I love the way you doodled on her hair. Beautiful card. Hugs!!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so cute! Options are always good to have!

kadie said...

I LOVE this!! I adore how you've cut out the trees too!! Beautiful!

Shirley N said...

Cute, cute--love your layout, too!!!

Jen Shults said...

Love this layout!!! Your card is just stunning. Love the stamps, the cutouts, the stitching, all of it. It's just perfect!

Jackie Thomas said...

How gorgeous is she! She looks amazing Traci. xo Jackie

Randi said...

TRACI!!! OMG!! That hair is incredible! It's like...if Marie Antoinette were a fairy....
I SOOOO love it!! Very inspirational!! ANd, I love how you cut out and layered those trees! I went back to buy that stack and it was sold out. Ugh!

Yes, that glitter was all that pen! It is by far the most glittery clear pen I've ever owned. And it rolls pretty consistently. It is the Sakura Gelly Roll in Clear Star. There's a Silver Star, too. But it's the clear! And, I just outlined all the image lines. Super easy!

Kelly Booth said...

TRACI....She is just FAB!!!! You really made her Shine...LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!

Tasha said...

Traci this card is stunning! WOW! LOVE the colours - they are super and very funky! Loving the image its super sassy and the layout is fab! Great design
love tasha xx

Angela said...

Traci, she is so cute!!! I love the her hair!! She would be the life of any Christmas party!!
Hugs,
Angela

RiNNE said...

Totally am so in love with this, Traci! And like everyone here, her hair is most precious!!! Such a fun Xmas card!

Amy said...

OMGosh! Count me in as another one who's gonna gush over that hair! I LOVE how it is all wrapped up in that 'ribbon' and almost looks like a decorated tree... too fun and such a cool idea! :)

Kim said...

This is awesome! I love her chrismas hair!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ok-that is freakin awesome how you did her hair! SUCH a great card!!!

Tonje said...

Gorgeous! Love the pink/turquoise colour combo for a holiday card! And those fairies are just the cutest. Love what you did to her hair!

Mary Giles said...

Yep! LOVIN' the hair! Love everything about this card and your use of the glaze pens is fabulous. I love the altering white and red border.