Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Cullen Christmas (and some Awards)

Hi! Have you ever been really excited about a card you wanted to make, and everything went the way you wanted, and yet you still didn't end up with the result you wanted? That's kind of how I feel about this card (I am NOT whining, really!) I LOVE the digi's, I was So pleased with how the coloring turned out, and then somehow.....I don't know, I think maybe it's because I tried to fit so many of them on one card that it left very little room to get across my Christmas card theme. My DH didn't think it looked like a Christmas card at all when I first finished so I added the ribbon/bow and holly to the center....I am not happy with the ribbon, but as everything was attached with a glue dot, it started ripping the paper when I tried to take it off, so it is staying!! Anyway, I do love how the "Cullens" look! (And they have a lovely subtle sparkle in real life, thanks to a clear Spica pen! I wish it was easier to get that to photograph!)


The Details:
Stamps: Jeremy, Joyce, Ed, Ebony and Hugh2 (limited edition digi's) - The Greeting Farm
Paper: Fancy Pants Designs, Handsome Hunter - SU, PTI White
Copics:
Hugh 2 (Jasper) - Skin: R00,E00,E11,R20
Hair: E50,E53,E55
Clothes: B93,B95,B97,E55,E57,E59,R29,R39,R59, C0,C1
All Other's Skin: E000,E00,E11,R20
Ebony (Alice): Hair: C5,C7,C9, 100
Clothes: Bv04,BV08,V09,B93,B95,B97
Ed: Hair:E08,E19,E18
Clothes: C0,C1,C5,C7,C9
Joyce (Rosalie): Hair: E50,E53,E55
Clothes: B93,B95,B97,R29,R39,R59,C5,C7,C9
Jeremy (Emmett): Hair: E74,E77,E79,100 (black)
Clothes: E55,E57,E59, C0,C1,G05,G19,G29,E47.E49
Misc: Martha Stewart Holly Punch, Clear Dew drops colored with red copic, JoAnn Craft Essentials ribbon, Spica pen - clear and gold (eyes).

I am also VERY late at saying "Thank You" but I received a few blog awards from some very sweet ladies over the past 2 weeks. The first one came to me from Gabby. If you aren't familiar with her you should go visit her blog - she is fun and funky and colors so beautifully!! Gabby - I hope you know I am there reading your blog every day - I am having comment issues again!!

The second one came from Erin. Erin is so creative and always has the most adorable cards and projects! She teaches some classes in her LSS and I would LOVE to be able to take them!! THere was a "one answer" quiz with this one, so I will do my best!


1. Where is your cell phone? purse
2. Your hair? messy
3. Your mother? strong
4. Your father? missed
5. Your favorite food? Cheese
6. Your dream last night? unremebered
7. Your favorite drink? Diet Vanilla Pepsi
8. Your dream/goal? Contentment
9. What room are you in? Family Room
10. Your hobby? Many
11. Your fear? the Unknown
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years?W/family
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something you aren't? thin
15. Muffins? Nutty
16. Wish list item? Space!
17. Where did you grow up? Arkansas
18. Last thing you did? Worked
19. What are you wearing? Casual
20. Your TV? Project Runway
21. Your pets? Several
22. Friends? all over
23. Your life? Happy
24. Your mood? frazzled
25. Missing someone? yes
26. vehicle? Tuscan
27. Something your not wearing? make-up
28. Your favorite store? Gap Kids
29. Your favorite color? Cranberry
30. When was the last time you laughed? today
31. Last time you cried? last night (Up)
32. Your best friend? Hubby
33. One place that I go to over and over? Michael's
34. Facebook? forced
35. Favorite place to eat? Red Robin

I know a LOT of you have received these lately but since it is so hard for me to decide because I love the inspiration I get from all of the blogs I visit I would like to offer this up to anyone who doesn't have it yet, that I follow. I love seeing what everyone has created and I usually try to leave comments, but for whatever reason when I sometimes don't, I appreciate you all so much!


This last one came to me from Jodi (Stamping a Latte) and you could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw that! I have been checking out Jodi's creations since before I knew how to "follow" someone's blog! She is amazing!! Here is the explanation that came with it:

This award is bestowed onto blogs that are exceedingly charming. These bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes cut, even more friendships are propagated. When you receive this award, you have to pass it on to six bloggers, so here goes! I chose these ladies as I am uber inspired by them and am glad to have become friends with them through blogging!

So I would like to pass this one on to:

1-Amy
2-Gabby
3-Kelly
4-Mary
5-Randi
6-Donna

Thank you all for the wonderful inspiration!!
:-)Traci

22 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

You know what you should do with this WONDERFUL Xmas card? Send it to me!!! It came out so freakin cute I can't get over it and I LOVE Edward's hair, I can't get it quite right. This is one of my faves you've made, really wonderful Traci!

PS: Still on the hunt for Liquid Applique! Stupid local stores :0(

Shirley N said...

This card is absolutely fantabulous! Your coloring is gorgeous!

Tammy said...

It's criminal how fantastic your card is. What can I say I'm such a huge fan! It's always such a pleasure to see what you are up to.

Your "Over the Top" award answers gave me a laugh. You are too funny.
My favorite had to be your answer to Facebook. I'm right there with ya.

Tracey Feeger said...

I love it. I never thought about using the characters for a Christmas card. I think you really need to be a serious fan to appreciate that it looks fantastic.
mwah
Trace

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh my goodness this card is A MAZING!!!! Look at all the gorgeous coloring. Beautiful work!

Jessica Diedrich said...

...and THAT was the sound of me falling off my chair....

Gabby said...

Traci...I love this and that's all that matters...LMBO! :P Yes...that's me sticking my tongue out at you! i LOVE how you did Edwards hair. I colored mine but didn't get it right. :( I made his hair more blondish than red/goldish...lol. Still...I love it!

Thank you ever so much for passing that super sweet award to me. I love the meaning behind it! {{HUGS}} I'll add it to my blog in the AM. BTW...I so know about your posting comments issue...so no worries...I know you're around! ;)

Kim said...

I love how this turned out! The hair is amazing!

Angela said...

Traci, I absolutely love this card. you did a wonderful job on this. My daughter would love this as she is a big Twilight fan, well I think all teenage girls are!! Have a great day and I love coming to your blog and looking at all your wonderful creations! Amazing coloring Traci!!!!

Jodi Collins said...

Wow......words fail me, and that NEVER happens to me (grin!)...Traci, you have OUTDONE yourself on this!! I ADORE every bit of this MASTERPIECE!!! I am TOTALLY casing this...you ROCK ROCK ROCK!

Mary Giles said...

Wow! You colored this Cullen family up so beautifully and Edward baring that chest is just soooo drool worthy! I would love to have a Christmas card like this one...hint, hint...LOL. THANK YOU my friend! I'm sooo speachless at the award you gave me Traci. You have been such a huge inspiration to me and I have grown so much in my coloring through you. I'm so lucky to have a friend like you in my life. {{{hugs}}}

kadie said...

This is TOTALLY rocking my world!! I adore how you've colored up these cuties and given it a Christmas theme too!! Brilliant! I can't wait until next Friday!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just wonderful! I love the idea of a Twilight holiday card!

Kelly Booth said...

OH My Traci...you outdid yourself here...WOW!!!!! SUPER Duper card...Love all the Fabulous coloring...WOW!
Thanks for the award...I'll pick it up after Blog hop....
Hugs!

RiNNE said...

Traci, I think your card is wonderful...just like how your other cards are! I know what you mean though. Sometimes, when I have so much anticipation to work with a particular stamp, I'm not always happy with the result. But your 'Cullens' look like a family and so beautifully colored! You can send it to me, if you'd like! :)

And thanks again for all of your advice on digi stamping! I got this set too and I can't wait to play!!

gobeagirl said...

I love how you colored your Cullen family...They turned out spectacular!!! I know exactly what you are talking about. I of course had to buy all of them, and my DD and I each colored away..I too, love how my family (including Bella) turned out....However they are all sitting on my desk looking. I think they are wondering what my problem is. In my mind I can see what I want to do, but everytime I try to convey it on a card it just does not come across....So, good for you. I love it Chirtmas theme or not! :D Have a great day, Lisa g

Unknown said...

Oh Traci!!! First, you know I am soooo going to totally case that Cullen card...You did an amazing job with it!! Your coloring is just exceptional and might I add, perfect!!!

Oh and I am sooooo honored you picked me for this award!! You could have knocked me down...Thankyou so much!! I have always loved visiting you and you always make me smile...And now I am grinning from ear to ear...Thank you Honey!!!

Amy said...

Traci, you are much too hard on yourself...the Cullens look beautiful and just festive enough for a fun theme holiday card!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

OMG! How fabulous is this card! Love it! :)

Randi said...

THANKS doll!!! An award from you is such a HUGE honor!

That Cullen card is STUNNING! I think it looks very holiday-ish! I love those red dew drop holly berries!! I hope you frame it and hang it, cause it's a work of art!
Love those Copic shades on Edward's hair!

Hope you have an amazing weekend!

Kim Costello said...

This christmas card is a masterpiece... just fabulous and the oolouring is stunning!!!! HuGs Kim :)

Tasha said...

Oh my gosh how cute is your card! I love the different characters and the coluring
love tasha xx