Saturday, May 30, 2009

Costume Pieces!

Hi! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I don't have any new cards to show you but since I am working frantically on costume pieces I thought I would show your my favorite piece that I made a few years ago. I really wish I had had enough fabric to make it in my size, but it was a tiny little discontinued upholstery sample so I was barely able to squeeze out a medium. I have cropped in tight on the bodice because the lady wearing it is the one who bought it and I don't know her to ask if it's o.k that I use her picture on my blog.

This is me in last years costume (the hat is made by one of my fabulous partners in our booth - The Wicked Pixie. Yes, I stole my name from our Ren-faire store!) I am so sad I let myself gain too much weight this year and I don't think I can fit into it again!

I'm off to sew again after this little break! I hope your weekend is great! And I will try to have new cards to show by the beginning of the week!

:-) Traci

6 comments:

Kim said...

I used to be a professional seamstress/designer and I know beautiful work when I see it. You are such a multi-talented lady. The costumes are wonderful!

Mary Giles said...

Oh wow look at that sewing. I only do quilting and since cards have taken over I don't do much of that anymore. I have always admired the renaissance bodices. I think they make ladies look soo feminine. I could just see DH's face if I ever wore one and had cups that ranith over. LOL. Great work Traci and what a lovely gal you are too.

Maria said...

My goodness Traci. . .your costumes are fantastic. I've always wanted to make costumes like that for my kids for Halloween and such. You must be good at sewing. I wish I was. I would probably make my own clothes if I could!!

Maria

Anonymous said...

Wow Gorgeous Needlework Traci, you are definately a multi-talented lady. I do love bodices, wish i had the skill to make myself one, my dress making skills are very basic.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful creations with us.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Suzi
xxx

Randi said...

Oh my gosh, you're a sewing diva, too!!! Seriously?!
Those costume pieces are AMAZING!!!
Oh how I would've loved to shop The Wicked Pixie!!! You need to come set up a booth at our SD Renn Faire. And sell your cards, too! ;o)

Melyssa said...

My first job was working for a seamstress during the summer when I was 16. I LOVE to sew costumes! Your work is beautiful and your attention to details is flawless! I think I just found my new best friend!! LOL