Tuesday, May 6, 2014

OCC Watercolor Day 1 Take 3

The 3rd technique we learned on Day 1 of Online Card Classes Watercolor class was how to use your acrylic blocks and distress ink to create a background. I struggled a lot with this one - I had a hard time getting my colors to blend together and not leave distinct lines between them.....

I made two versions. The second one has some splatters of glimmer mist added.




For both cards I used distress ink and a My Favorite Things stamp. The thanks die is from Simon Says Stamp and the Hello die is from WPlus9.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

ThePurplePlace said...

Love love love both of these new watercolor cards! I spotted yours in the class Gallery and had to stop by and leave a comment.

You look like you're a natural at this class and I can hardly wait to see what else you create.

Happy watercoloring,
Lisa

Kathryn A said...

I love both of your cards! The white embossing really stands out from your bright background!!

Lee-Anne said...

Both very pretty...wonderful color choices!

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful comment you left on my blog.

I really enjoy writing and although I'm certainly not an expert, I just simply share my day..and that's easy!! I also make tons of typos...so please ignore them!! LOL!

See you in WC class...it's been fabulous and I also enjoy the classes at OCC!!

Happy Crafting!!

Lisa