Thursday, August 27, 2009

Viva la Verve!

Hi! I have 3 cards to show you today! I am a pretty slow card maker and I usually only manage pne a day (if that!) so I am thrilled I finished 3 today! I know I am coming late to the party but I am just discovering Verve stamps! I have recently been just drooling over several bloggers cards who used Verve images and decided I had to try a few.(And boy, is their shipping fast!) Then I discovered the Verve challenge Viva La Verve on SCS, and I had to give it a try, too! I guess once a week a new challenge is issued and you have until the end of the month to finish all four cards and enter to win the next months releases.....Tomorrow is the deadline, and like I said I got 3 done today! Hopefully I can make the last one tomorrow!

So, the first challenge was to pick a card by one of the Verve Diva's and CASE it. The twist was if they used patterned paper you had to use card stock and vice-versa. I picked THIS CARD by Susan Liles. I really liked how she had used the balloon image 3 times and the bright happy colors she picked. I decided to go the opposite way with the color scheme and make mine black and white (and shades of gray). The balloons and sentiment are from the set Party Time. Susan used patterned paper for her background so I used card stock but stamped the dots with Verve's Bountiful Backgrounds. The other background panels are dry embossed, then I put silver stickles on for emphasis. I did used Copics on the balloons - C0,C1,C3,C5,C7,C9.

The second challenge was a sketch challenge with the added twist that you had to use a border punch in some way. I have to admit I feel a bit guilty that I didn't do anything more creative with the edge punch, but I had a lot of fun making the latte! I used liquid applique for hte foam - that is SO fun to watch it puff up! the stamp set is Delightful & Delicious and the DP is all Cosmo Cricket.


The third challenge was another sketch challenge with the added twist of "Use a Tag". I did a lot of piercing and a little embossing - pretty straightforward. The tag sentiment is from the Bountiful Backgrounds set and the main sentiment is from Beautiful You. The DP is SU - Pink Flamingo. I think I may end up giving this to my daughter's Principal on his birthday.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope your day is fantastic!!
:-)Traci

5 comments:

kris said...

Love your cards! especially the "thanks a latte"! cute!!! TFS!

RiNNE said...

Very cool cards! Good for you for getting three done!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Your cards are sweet! Welcome to the Viva La Verve challenges. They are a lot of fun.

Betty Wright said...

Traci, these are all stunning!!! I missed the top one at SCS. Must go back and comment on that one there, too!!! Beautiful suite of cards!!!

Shannan Teubner said...

WOWEE Traci, these are gorgeous!! You are totally rockin' the Verve!