Friday, April 3, 2009

Mermaid Anya at the Beach

Hi Everyone! Yeah, it's Friday! Do you have any plans for this weekend? I have to admit, for me the absolute best "plans" are to have nothing at all to do! I am a homebody and I love to have nothing that has to get done. Right now, I can't think of anything that HAS to get done this weekend, besides maybe a few things around the house, so YEAH!

On a different subject, I am really struggling with lay-outs for my cards lately. I think I need to find some sketches and maybe also do some sketch challenges. I kind of by-passed that with this card by just stamping a background (Doodlefactory Tropical Backdrop, which I bought at Starving Artist Stamps ) for Mermaid Anya (The Greeting Farm). As soon as I saw this background I imagined her sunning herself on a big rock near the shoreline....


The only " extras" on this card are some small stick-on pearls in her hair and her tail has clear Spica glitter on it. Everything is colored with Copics:

(I am just going to give the colors used on the Mermaid, because the list is really long for the background!)
Skin- E50, E53, RV21
Hair- BV000, BV02, BV04, BV08
Top-B000, B02
Tail- G02, G05, G07

Thanks for looking and I hope your weekend is Fabulous!
:-) Traci

10 comments:

crafty amy said...

Oh wow this one is incredible I really wish I had your tallent for colouring! Her hair is amazing and again your choice of colours and composition is perfect!!

X Amy X

MichelleO said...

wow..wish I was your mermaid! What a beautiful spot for a beautiful lady!
HUGS
MichelleO

Maria said...

Oooh, she's a beauty! I just love the background and wow, Anya is so beautiful! Your coloring is perfection. . so vibrant and full of life!! I'm actually the opposite right now. . I want to create more scenary to my cards as opposed to different layers as in sketches! LOL! I think we crafters like to change things up a bit to make things fun!

Fantastic job on your card. . .as always, it's gorgeous!!

Maria

Liann said...

your anya is bee-u-tiful...the background puts everything together wow TFS Liann

Erin said...

I love her hair. I have to try it. The background is perfect. Great job!

Meli Mitchell said...

This is an incredible card. I tell you, you Club Anya girls are just some of the most talented women I've ever come across.
Love that perfect background!

~*Joni said...

TRACI!! This is such an amazing card!! I finally got around to marking all of these wonderful blogs. This is soooo beautiful, very realistic and your mermaid is incredible. I LOVE IT!

Doodle Factory said...

Oh wow, the way you added to the scene with just a little bit of ocean on the side and front gives a whole new perspective on that background! I love what you did with that cute little mermaid.

Janna said...

I am exactly the same way! I can't come up with a layout to save my life! Seriously! That is why I always need a sketch. You did a great job with this this though! I love the background and the beautiful way you made Anya infront! She is simply stunning!!

Smiles,
janna

the whimsical butterfly said...

This was the perfect card to post on the day I was traveling home from vaca LOL...that is SOOO where I wish I was right now! WOW-you created an AMAZING scene!!