Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A "Wicked" Witch

I love this new digital witch from Whimsy Doodles! She reminds me so much of my friend Danielle (although Danielle would tell me she needs to be a round woman!) Dani is a member of "The Wicked Pixies" (our Ren-faire booth name that I stole for my blog) and she has her own business called "The Red Witch" (she makes custom hats, like wizard or princess hats.) So this witch is dressed in red and has red hair in honor of Danielle.

I made a frame for her to be popped up on by taking the guide off of a fancy corner punch and punching repeatedly around the square of black. I hand snipped any area that was still connected afterward. It is difficult to make it nice and straight (for me it was impossible!) but I don't think it really detracts too much in this case. And the frame really is on the purple base straight, but the angle of the picture makes it look mounted crooked! I used a clear Spica glitter pen on her hat so it is sparkly and her glasses have crystal effects on them to mimic real glasses. The sentiment (which also came with the witch) was cut out with an oval Nestability and sponged with several purple inks. I then rubbed a little gold stickles over it.

The Details:
Stamps: Witchy Girl - Whimsy Doodles
Paper: DCWV, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black, PTI White
Copics:
Skin: R00,E00,E11,R20
Hair: E02,E07,E09,E18
Clothes:R24,R27,R29,R39,R89,C1,C3,C5,C7,C9
Broom:Y21,Y23,Y26,Y28,E55,E57,E59
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant
Misc: Fiskars Corner Punch, Spica Clear Glitter Pen, Crystal Effects, Gold Stickles, Oval Nestabilities, Red Rhinestone Stickers


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful day!
:-)Traci

12 comments:

Mary Giles said...

This is too cute! You coloring her up beautifully and crooked...doesn't look like it to me...I'll have the remember the border punches cause this frame looks awesome!

Kim said...

OOOH I love how you did the frame and her freckles are so cute!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card. I love the border around her.

Unknown said...

Oh Traci....She is sooo gorgeous!!! I definitely think she is one of the cutest witches I have seen this year...Well, you know...being Australian and not doing Halloween!! Awesome work sweetie!! Xx

Tammy said...

Hi Traci
WOW she is wicked and wicked cute!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Flippin' adorable! This is the cutest thing ever! That witch is too cute and full of attitude. She looks like someone I know as well. Great job as usual!!

Kelly Booth said...

Another great Witch Traci...Love her!!

Amy said...

LOVE the fun frame you created here, I think it looks perfect with that super cute witch. And can I just say that it sounds like you and your friends would be a lot of fun to hang out with?! :)

Devlin said...

Wow! This is a great card!
Love the thing you did with the punch.

Randi said...

Stunning!! That witch is too fun!! Love how you colored her with the red and black. That frame is exquisite!! When I first saw it, I thought uh-oh, some new tool/die I need!!! Clever, clever girl!! I think it's fantastic invention and you should market a tool that does this!

kadie said...

This image and what the card you've created with her are totally rockin my world! I LOVE THIS!!

Melyssa said...

Wow Traci this card is WICKED awesome!! The frame is gorgeous as is your mind blowing colouring!!