Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Couple of Viva la Verve Challenges

I have been trying to participate in more challenges lately and it is my goal to do each of the Viva la Verve challenges over at Splitcoast. I really like the Verve stamps and they really challenge me because there is little to no coloring. The two projects I am showing you today are for the VLV September Week 2 (make a Scrapling or smaller than usual card or project) and Week 3 (which has a sketch, and the added challenge of make it for a girl friend.)

For the Week 2 Challenge I made a bookmark for my good friend Stacy who was the first person to tell me about Twilight. The background is stamped with Verve's bountiful backgrounds, once in red and then offset and stamped again in black. I got the idea for doing this from the Fabulous Betty Wright (thank you so much for all of your amazing inspiration!). She makes the most gorgeous cards and sometimes stamps ALL of her background paper! And I have to thank Sandra at Paper Funtastics for the idea I used on the ribbon treatment. It looked so amazing on her card HERE that I had to try it. Mine didn't show up in the photo very well (the camera didn't love the black on black velvet!) but it is so cool on her card! The sentiment is from Fictionally Inspired by Artful Inkables.


For the Week 3 challenge I used the Verve set Beautiful You, which has just the best quotes and sentiments! I cut the sentiment out with my circle Nesties then sponged Certainly Celery on while the Nestie was still there as a mask. The paper is from a DCWV stack and the butterflies, flowers and leaves are all Martha Stewart punches. The leaves and the butterflies also have lots of stickles!


Thank you so much for visiting today!
:-)Traci

4 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

I love your bookmark and your card is so pretty!

Unknown said...

Of course Traci, you know I just LOVE the bookmark..lol! But the card is absolutely gorgeous too...I am so inspired by everything you do!!! Xx

Kelly Booth said...

So Pretty Traci...Love both the card and the book mark!!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

pretty! :) I have so many scraps, I need to remember to make some bookmarks with them!