Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Club Anya Couture

Hi Everyone! Just in case you missed the announcement yesterday, Club Anya is having another fun contest! This one is a fashion show called Club Anya Couture: Spring Fashion 2009! You can get all of the details HERE. Be sure to check it out because you can win the new, fantastic Rain, Snow, Shine set!! I had the idea for this card with Princess Anya and her little forest friends, and although I know it is not "high fashion", I think it is my first sample for the contest. After all, it is a "one of a kind" outfit she is wearing!


First, I drew on Anya's dress to try to make it coordinate with the DP I wanted to use (My Mind's Eye). I also drew her a new hat, colored it, cut it out and placed it over the crown. I drew the veil for her hat on vellum and colored it with Copics. The deer and the squirrels are from Forest Friends and the little bird is from Pretty Hat. (All of the stamps are from The Greeting Farm.) Everything is colored with Copics:

Princess:
Skin: R00,E00,E11,RV11,RV13
Dress: Y21,Y17,RV11,RV13,RV14,BG13
Deer and Squirrels: E21,E25,E27,E00,E11,RV11,RV13
Bird: BG11,BG13,BG15,BG49

Thanks for coming to see my creation! I hope you have a lot of fun making yours!
:-) Traci

6 comments:

Janna said...

How Traci!!!!! That is all I want to know! How do you do such awesome things???????? THis is stunning!! the detail on her skirt and hat and the beautiful animals!!! Wow, wow, wow! This is increcdible!!! I love the papers you used and the way you did that vellum veil! You are a genius no doubt about it!

Smiles,
janna

Meli Palmer said...

I truly LOVE coming to your blog. I am in love with your style and talent! I think Princess Anya looks gorgeous. She reminds me of Snow White with all the woodland animals around her.

Tammy said...

Traci - WOW. This is so wonderful
I love how you do your coloring. This is just so great. I love the little chubby bird too!
Great tip on using vellum...I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years.
TFS

Mary Giles said...

Traci! This is fabulous you are definitely the fashion Diva! I've got some ideas going on my head. I don't they will be as stunning as yours though. Oh and you asked what I used to pop things up ever so slightly, a tip I learned somewhere else, is to use paper or cardstock and Aileene's tacky glue.Just use your whole punch and stack as many dots as you need for the height and glue them together. Or I will glue the stamped image to another piece of cardstock before cutting it out. HTH.

Melyssa said...

OMGoodness this is just so sweet!! All the little woodland creatures around the princess! I just love it Traci! Your colouring is amazing and I love her beautiful patterend dress. Wow you made it yourself!!! Absolutely wonderful. I think Marie needs you to make the next line of Dress Me cloths for Anya and Ian.

~*Joni said...

Traci you always amaze me! You come up with the most incredible designs, and they are all so meticulously done. I love what you've done with Anya, the setting and details are so perfect, your coloring is just so unbelievable. I love this!