Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dress Me Anya (for Summer!)


Hi everyone! I was away from the computer all day yesterday (well, I checked in very briefly to read the bio on Jessica on Club Anya). I needed to work some more on my samples for the sneak peaks from The Greeting Farm that starts this Friday (with the big reveal and blog hop on Sunday!) I had to try to clean my sadly neglected house - even with hours of work it still looks pretty bad. I guess that's what happens when you spend every spare minute stamping! And I bought my first few Copics on Tuesday and so I was playing with them (and ordering more! AAGH!) How to explain this to the Hubby when I just bought my Prisma's a few months ago? It helps that our daughter now likes to stamp and color with me because she likes to use the markers. He's actually very supportive of any artsy activity (I thank his mother who is also very artsy/craftsy) but he probably wants to remain in the dark about the money involved!

So, todays card was meant to be put up yesterday. Sorry....I probably still have 2 more months of winter here. Right now the snow is melting, but I know it's just playing with us! We usually have the studded tires on until May. So I felt like pretending Summer was closer than it actually is and dressed Anya for Summer! Dress Me Anya from The Greeting Farm is paper pieced and colored with Prisma Markers. The DP is K&Co. I used some Stampin Up build a brad's and cut the little strawberries from hte DP to put in the brad's. I'm not sure of the brand of the ric-rac.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Angie said...

You always do such a great job with Anya! I love her summer outfit,tfs!

Janna said...

This is adorable!!! I love the paper piecing you did on her skirt and shirt! Too, too cute and I am all about wishful thinking! I adore a summer card in the winter! Helps the cold pass quicker and this one is amazing!! Wow! Your coloring is beautiful and I adore the papers! I keep my husband in the dark about the money unless he specifically asks. He too is ver supportive!

Smiles,
janna